Friday, February 16, 2007

 
Ok finally I´ve found a computer with a speed worthy of uploading photos. Since my feckin camera broke (in fairness thanks to me climbing up a sand dune at 3am with it in my pocket) there won´t be any more pics for a while. I´ll be relying on Fi´s camera till I get a new one possibly in Buenos Aires but more than likely not till Sydney. Grrr! Anyway enjoy...

Fi and I posing in the middle of the dunes where we went sandboarding
Fi sandboarding
Me jumping out of the dune buggy in a ridiculous way

Our last group photo together on the salt flats tour with the red lagoon in the background. From left to right: me, Mike, Fi, Thom, Steve (Wayne), Janine.

Fi and I posing by a random rock in the desert in Bolivia.

Flamingos! There were flamingos grazing by the score at the various lagoons throughout the salt flats tour.

Fi playfully pokes her head through a hole in a rock at the stone army - part of the salt flats tour.

Dancing with the local kids on our first night at the salt flats.

Fi taking some down time amongst a few cactuses with the salt plains in the background.

Our group all jumping from small mounds of salt simultaneously like the nimble gringos that we are.

Me and some salt.

The sunrise over the salt plains - The single most beautiful sight I have ever had the good fortune to witness.

One of the local kids who attacked us with her water gun in Uyuni, Bolivia.

Chilling by the pool in Tupiza, Bolivia. The sun was about 3,000 degrees hotter than it looks in the photo.
Fi and I where we stopped for lunch on the day of the triathlon in Tupiza, Bolivia.
The two intrepid miners ready to head 3 levels into a mountain in Potosi, Bolivia. The smiles on our faces were wiped off pretty soon after entering the mine.
Fi with a real live T-Rex. Honest. In Sucre, Bolivia.

The most dedicated Munster supporter of all time with the ancient Inca city of Machu Picchu behind him.

Fi and I at our campsite on the first night of Inca Trail. Don´t be fooled by our strong happy exterior - we were knackered!

Looking slightly nervous holding lit sticks of dynamite outside the mines in Potosi, Bolivia.

The greatest Pizza of all time - The Interminable from La Paz. Note that it spans the complete length of Brian´s body who is lying underneath. Unfortunately I couldn´t take part due to my general stomach illness but I will be back to finish the business.
Us down a feckin mine! Trying to look brave like we do this every day but Brian´s eyes give it away (bottom right).
Valle De Luna (Valley of the moon) in La Paz. So called because it looks like the surface of the moon (apparently). Was actually pretty cool and impressed me more than I expected.
Me posing with the street seller that I bought my Dark Side of The Moon gimp mask from.
Johnnie Fox´s has nothing on Paddy Flaherty´s.
The bartender making us up a round of Machu Picchu cocktails in Mama Africa´s in Cusco, Peru.
Brian O´Driscoll in Oliver´s Travells (An English bar in La Paz).
This is the tiny van that we were all crammed into after our bus to La Paz broke down. At least the Argentians were nice and we´re going to meet them in Buenos Aires when we´re there.
Me and a Llama in Copacabana, Bolivia. They are the single most stupidest type of animal on this planet. Complete imbiciles the lot of them!

Us hanging out with our Inca Trail group in Paddy Flaherty´s the night after Inca Trail. From left to right: Anthony (about a tenth of!), Brendan, Tara, Jason, Fi, Beth, Shane, Me and Uriel (one of our guides).


Fi showing her excellent driving skills in a peddle boat on Lake Titicaca.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]