Saturday, January 06, 2007

 
Well after my entry last night I decided to head for bed as I wasn´t really feeling it. Unfortunately 4 Danes got in the way of that and I found myself yet again drinking on our balcony but this time with 4 Danes and without Fi since she was on her hot Ecuadorian date. It wasn´t long before Paul (The hostel owner) came up to give out about the noise and I felt terrible since I´d only apologised to him earlier about the previous night´s festivities and assured him it wouldn´t happen again. At that point we headed out and came across a bar with a pool table and shortle Obidio turned up too. Cervezas and pool were enjoyed till the wee hours (As were 2 of the better looking Danes!) and I couldn´t for the life of me tell you what time I got to bed at.

Saturday 6 January

Rudely awoken by Fi´s eardrum shattering phone at some ridiculous hour. My first instinct was to find some way of staying in Baños yet another night and thus being able to sleep off the Chuchaqui. But that would have been silly and I forced myself out of bed and legged it to the bus station for the 9am bus to Rio Bamba. The road was blocked by an accident and we were sitting still for 30 mins while it was cleared. It wouldn´t have been too bad except the bus was full, I was standing and the roof was far too low for someone of 6´5.5"! Still we got to Rio Bamba eventually and only had to wait an hour for our connecting bus to Cuenca. This 6 hour bus ride was infinitely better than that to Rio Bamba and I was able to catch up on some lost sleep. Just arrived in Cuenca about an hour ago and after a shower and some food we plan to head out and enjoy the festivities of 6th January which for some reason is a big thing over here.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]